D1 STREET LEGAL DRIFT SERIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiting! Ookami No Ichigun (Est. 2013): "Style Above All"

2 posters

Go down

Recruiting! Ookami No Ichigun (Est. 2013): "Style Above All" Empty Recruiting! Ookami No Ichigun (Est. 2013): "Style Above All"

Post by JJ-Rau Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 am

OOKAMI NO ICHIGUN
"Style Above All"
Est. 2013

XBOX 360 TEAM MEMBERS (Participating in D1SL):

[LEADER] #3. ONI Hatter (GBR)/TBC
#88. ONI JJ Rau (GBR)/Nissan Silvia Q's (S13)
#42. ONI ArmyDoG (SWE)/Nissan Silvia Q's (S13)
#47. DrftKaido (USA)/Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex (AE86)

BRIEF HISTORY

Ookami No Ichigun (loosely translated from Japanese as "A pack of wolves") was originally a splinter group from Sublime Drifting founded in 2013 led by SD Synyster (now EBISU Karamu). We quickly found some success in the latter rounds of DMA Allstars and Virtual Formula Drift, with our line-up consisting of ONI Synyster, ONI Hatter, myself, DrftKaido & daikokku. After some turbulent times on the FM.net forums however, a hiatus was in order. During this time, ONI was in a state of limbo.

In early 2014, in light of a new forum (FDA) being created along with a new season on the horizon, ONI came back together as a small band of brothers once more, now led by Hatter (during the hiatus, ONI Synyster had left the team and gone on to become EBISU Karamu), and with his experience in lower-power cars, he helped me come back harder, better, faster and stronger in time for the start of FDA, though the whole mood of ONI was much more relaxed and based around having fun. Returning to us was DrftKaido, and we also gained a new face in ONI ArmyDoG (prev. Armydog96), who was impressive in the Pro-Am series and eventually earned his Pro licence for FDA.

Now we have returned once more to drifting with an unchanged line-up, and within the new D1SL series (and potentially the fabrication of D1GP in the near future), we are optimistic that one of our drivers can take the crown. We've been underdogs punching above our weight since the beginning, we hope now that we can surprise everyone and take that final step.

[SELECTIVELY RECRUITING]
O.N.I. is recruiting drivers for the D1SL series. Applicants should post on this thread stating an intention to join, or contact ONI JJ Rau directly. New members will be selected based on their chemistry in the team, not necessarily the outright ability of applicants.

Last edited by JJ-Rau on Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total

JJ-Rau

Back to top Go down

Recruiting! Ookami No Ichigun (Est. 2013): "Style Above All" Empty Re: Recruiting! Ookami No Ichigun (Est. 2013): "Style Above All"

Post by Kaiiler Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:12 am

wat did i just read... there is another swede here?! i thought i was alone in the entire community xD
Kaiiler
Kaiiler

Back to top Go down

Recruiting! Ookami No Ichigun (Est. 2013): "Style Above All" Empty Re: Recruiting! Ookami No Ichigun (Est. 2013): "Style Above All"

Post by JJ-Rau Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:46 am

Kaiiler wrote:wat did i just read... there is another swede here?! i thought i was alone in the entire community xD

Indeed there is! I guess that makes two "Crazy Swedes"? XD Joking aside, welcome to the series, and welcome to our thread, on behalf of ONI I wish you the best of luck in the D1SL series!

JJ-Rau

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiiler Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:22 am

JJ-Rau wrote:
Kaiiler wrote:wat did i just read... there is another swede here?! i thought i was alone in the entire community xD

Indeed there is! I guess that makes two "Crazy Swedes"? XD Joking aside, welcome to the series, and welcome to our thread, on behalf of ONI I wish you the best of luck in the D1SL series!

Thanks man! Good luck to you guys aswell! Smile
Kaiiler
Kaiiler

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ-Rau Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:23 pm

Team update!

We have three of our four D1SL team cars confirmed. Unfortunately I can't access my FM.net photos so as of now I cannot grab the pics myself. It matters not though, I'm sure we can figure something out.

Anyway, we're sporting two Origin Labo. S13s (special thanks to MCR for the kit installation) and a Toyota Trueno. Kaido was the only guy able to make the Matsuri in the end but I managed to get back just after for a more private session, and the feedback is pretty good. We also found an absolutely beautiful replica section of Ebisu West (it's basically the Infineon VFD section, except it starts one corner earlier and ends before the last hairpin). Mad angle and speed to be had there if it's done correctly, just like the real thing!

We should be able to confirm our fourth car relatively soon, we think it will be another S13, whether it runs Origin Labo. or not we cannot confirm just yet. Alternatively, there is a Silvia S15 build in the works, it's currently a fun-run SL car supplied to us by Kids Heart but who knows? It is pretty handy so maybe Hatter might drive that instead.

So ONI is back for D1SL, and perhaps for D1GP too. There's been talk behind the scenes with some respected members of the drift community about a single event, almost like a world cup of drifting (FWDC). Still up in the air though, so don't get your hopes up just yet. Razz

JJ-Rau

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum