D1 STREET LEGAL DRIFT SERIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures

2 posters

Go down

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures Empty Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures

Post by lostpuppet78 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:07 pm

so with the news of d1sl, i figured i might as well compete and get some more track time (and kill more tires). so i decided to drag my second s14 out from under the tarp it's been under for about a year and finish building it. given the rules for d1sl im gonna have to track down some parts to make it legal but for the most part the chassis is ready to go. the engine and drive train on the other hand, that's a different story.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures IGJhHjMl

first off, i wanted to finish the last few parts for the chassis i had laying around. new ebc rotors and pads and new 300zx calipers, and new bf goodrich tires mounted on 18 inch enkei nt03+m rims.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures QW4JC5Al

next is to find my sr block i bought last year and piece that thing together, get some driveshaft shop axles and stuff, and find a trans.
lostpuppet78
lostpuppet78

Back to top Go down

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures Empty Re: Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures

Post by lostpuppet78 Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:58 pm

as of right now with most of my money going towards the s14 for d1sl, most of my car options are too expensive. so i looked again for something to daily other than my black s14. after about an hour i managed to find this 2006 dodge charger super bee for 15,700, it has about 92,500 miles and is one owner.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures YphUFshl

as far as the s14 goes, i found my sr block and a few parts i had bought for it. i have a 2.4 stroker kit coming in as well as a new hks turbo and a nitrous kit from nos. i painted the wheels black instead of yellow, got a new hood from seibon, and got alot of vinyl for a wrap. the driveshaft shop axles are installed and the driveshaft is waiting to go in. hopefully i will have all the parts to finish the car and have it wrapped by the end of next week. my buddy also is interested in d1sl so we are gonna have start getting his car built as well.
lostpuppet78
lostpuppet78

Back to top Go down

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures Empty Re: Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures

Post by Akihirro Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:56 am

Whoever your buddy is, he's more than welcome to join D1 STREET LEGAL!

Nice thread so far, Puppet. Can't wait to see the final result of your S14. Did you keep the red-top SR20 or did you swap it out? Very Happy
Akihirro
Akihirro
Admin

https://virtual-d1sl.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lostpuppet78 Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:04 am

Akihiro wrote:Whoever your buddy is, he's more than welcome to join D1 STREET LEGAL!

Nice thread so far, Puppet. Can't wait to see the final result of your S14. Did you keep the red-top SR20 or did you swap it out? Very Happy

well before i accidently sold it, it was still the red top
lostpuppet78
lostpuppet78

Back to top Go down

Post by Akihirro Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:22 am

lostpuppet78 wrote:
Akihiro wrote:Whoever your buddy is, he's more than welcome to join D1 STREET LEGAL!

well before i accidently sold it, it was still the red top
Shame you got rid of it dude. Nice looking car too!
Akihirro
Akihirro
Admin

https://virtual-d1sl.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lostpuppet78 Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:37 am

while surfing the internet for parts i stumbled upon this beauty.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures LjTl0Hal

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures MLoKrMml

it has 47,620 miles, c-west body kit and hood, feal coilovers, cusco 2 way lsd, recaro seats and ebc brake pads and rotors. i love rx7s, especially fd's. so naturally i was like "HOLY F*CKING SHIT I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE YOU SEXY SEXY BITCH". as i read though the ad i noticed he didn't say how much he wanted, so i called him up and asked how much hes was looking for. he said he looking for an s14 to work on, didn't matter if it had an engine or not, just wanted one to work on.

JACKPOT

so told him i had one that was comp and street legal with no engine or trans, and naturally he was interested. so i gave him my address to come take a look at it and after about 7 seconds he was sold on it. so we ended up trading cars i gave him and the s14 a ride home and then hauled 6 kinds of ass to get home (would have been like 30 kinds of ass but it was raining and i had a trailer). so this has now become my new d1gp car without even thinking about and now i have a rotary to build...
lostpuppet78
lostpuppet78

Back to top Go down

Post by lostpuppet78 Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:15 am

few updates to the fd so far, the engine is built and ready to go (hopefully). got a new body kit, wheels and tires, and the cage was finished. for the engine we did the stock 13b, upgraded everything including 2 new hks turbos, apexi exhaust, k&n filters everywhere, and other secret stuff. i got 18x8 enkei nt-03 front and rear wrapped in 225/40/18 bfgoodrich g-force t/a kdw tires up front and 235/40/18 out back.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures H0wbeMKl

as good as the c-west body kit looks, i opted not to use. instead im using stock rear bumper and sideskirts and jun front bumper. also managed to get the radiator shoved in the rear for weight distribution.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures DbKl7B8l
before rear mount was done

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures 2IbEo3yl

car was also painted green (dont remember what shade). we are currently wrapping the car right know and the livery will make its debut later at the event today. hopefully all goes well and i can be competitive this season.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures MpWYOC8l

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures YuLFu7Kl
lostpuppet78
lostpuppet78

Back to top Go down

Post by lostpuppet78 Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:44 am

here it is, my livery for the upcoming season

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures Y2cPszRl

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures GfZvU7hl

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures XqInbcFl

few changes i need to make after the event, mainly the tires are way too grippy so we are gonna try a different tire. we are gonna try the bfg g-force super sport a/s instead of the g-force t/a kdw. we are also gonna add some more power hopefully.
lostpuppet78
lostpuppet78

Back to top Go down

Post by lostpuppet78 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 am

PEOPLES OF D1SL, I AM BACK!!!

this time with some more nissan love. as some of you mat have read in the car reg thing, my forza messed up and got rid alot of my more recent cars and tunes including my fd. rather then rebuild it i opted to go another route (cause i wanted to kill that 13b with a fucking nuke). my new car is this 1993 nissan skyline gts r32, bought it for $2,500. has 130,000 miles, 18" volk re30's, and a blown rb25.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures P8i18QDl

i also picked up a new rb30 block to start on, new trans, and a new cusco 2 way lsd a buddy owed me. falken has come on board to be my primary sponsor, as well as hre, seibon, hks, and mobil1. ive got some new engine parts on order from hks and nismo so i can get started on the block while the cage gets done and hopefully get some new seats relatively soon too. for now thats it, back to tearing this bitch down. 11 day build is a go.
lostpuppet78
lostpuppet78

Back to top Go down

Post by lostpuppet78 Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:54 am

so its been what? 11 days i think? anyway the car somehow got finished in time for qualifying (qualified 14th). the rb30 i built is making 509 hp and 394 lb-ft. car is on 18x8 hre 546r front and rear, and 225/45/18 up front and 255/40/18 falken azenis fk453 tires. car is pretty light as well, only weighs 2912 lbs. so with battles in about an hour, its time for me to start practicing.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures KnoKHH6l

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures SElg3Yyl

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures MH5J2mxl
lostpuppet78
lostpuppet78

Back to top Go down

Post by lostpuppet78 Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:46 am

in the break between round 2 and 3, a few changes have been made to the car. I got the engine tuned a bit better and Im now making and extra 20 foot pounds of torque and an extra 2 hp. also finally got a decent wrap on the car instead of the old one i had on it.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures I1Wfyigl
lostpuppet78
lostpuppet78

Back to top Go down

Post by lostpuppet78 Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:05 pm

so round 3 has come and passed. i qualified 7th, and finished in the top 8. i felt like my follow was pretty good but when i was leading i went a little too deep and dipped a tire in the slick stuff and spun. but oh well. i have been working on a new car for one of my friends to possible drive if he can find the time to try, but im willing to let someone else drive it and help me develop it further cause i dont have alot of experience with the chassis. car is a 2002 Nissan skyline gtr r34, rb30, 506 hp, 453 lb-ft and weighs 3047 on 245/40/18 and 255/40/18 Falken azenis fk453 tires.

Lost Puppet's Pro-am and D1SL adventures 8dE91I1l

if interested message me here or on xbox, my gmaertag is: LOST PUPPET 78
lostpuppet78
lostpuppet78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down