D1 STREET LEGAL DRIFT SERIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff Blog #1 - Short Introduction to a new D1SL Series

Go down

Staff Blog #1 - Short Introduction to a new D1SL Series Empty Staff Blog #1 - Short Introduction to a new D1SL Series

Post by Akihirro Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:30 am

Hey guys. Well, I suppose posting a first update would be a good start, as this competition idea has really just come out of the blue and is very sudden, and I've never hosted my own competition before and thought that maybe now is the time to give it a go!

Basically, we've seen drivers day in day out prove themselves in cars that we all know are stupidly quick themselves and sometimes it becomes more about the car than the driver. Of course, you still have to have the skill to be able to win an event, but I think it's time that we, as a community, bring about something solely about the driver's skill once again. (Yes, I'm aware it's been done before!)

Now, I'm hoping that this series will turn into the next "thing" for the Forza 4 Drifting Community, or more or less what's left of it. There aren't maybe people around on Forza Motorsport 4 anymore as people have either switched to PC Gaming, or upgraded to the Xbox One and Forza 5. I suppose "upgrade" is subjective at this point as Turn 10 seem to have taken a lot of we needed to create fun competition away from us, and various other things.

Hopefully, we get a good turn out for this, and if the first round goes well then I will continue. But I need you guys to help me make this work!

I'm thinking of getting the first round running around late November IF there are enough sign-ups. I'd need a good number to get this thing kick-started, and I'm going to try and do my best to make this fun for everybody.

I will make more posts along the way about this "new" series and where it's headed, we'll see how things pan out.
Akihirro
Akihirro
Admin

https://virtual-d1sl.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down